Welcome! I’m Barbara and I’m thrilled to have you here. But first I want to to ask you a question … Are you feeling overwhelmed with all of the demands of modern life? You are not alone my friend! With so much constantly coming at us it can be very difficult to feel in control.
I know because was I there.
You see, about nine years ago when my husband Drew and I first got married we did what most people do. We purchased a beautiful home and dutifully filled it with a bunch of stuff.
Eventually, we noticed that we had a lot less time to do the things that we love and we commitment to make a change.
We decided to minimize.
STEP 1 | Minimize
When we moved closer to my husbands work, we downsized … a lot. We returned, sold and traded a large portion of our belongings and settled on a small 650 square foot space.
- You can see what we have learned from living in small spaces right here.
- And, if you’re just getting started with minimalism you can see my favorite books on the topic right here.
Before we could move though, we still had one big problem.
We had boxes and boxes labeled: books, journals, pictures, planners, memories, DVD’s, CD’s, taxes, receipts, client files and other business paperwork, recipes, magazines and health information in what seemed to be a towering heap.
That’s when we decided to digitize.
Step 2 | Digitize
Digitizing not only helped us get rid of boxes of stuff, it also created much more clarity and simplicity in our lives.
- Evernote is my main digital tool. You can read my free Evernote getting started guide right here.
- You can download my free collection of Evernote Templates here.
- You may also find my simple routine for life digitally organized helpful.
- And, I know you’ll love my free email course: Simplify with Life Digitally Organized.
With those two things in order (minimizing and digitizing), it was much easier to organize the physical stuff that remained.
Step 3 | Organize
Fast forward a few years and we now have two little kiddos running around, Malia our ever energetic toddler and Lewis our sweet baby. Our space is never spotless, but following some simple strategies definitely helps keep clutter at bay and simplifies our lies.
- You can see my guide + snag a free Konmari inspired checklist for gathering, purging and organizing all of your stuff right there.
Step 4 | Prioritize
Now, we work really hard at more closely prioritizing our goals to make sure we were working toward a life that we truly want to live. Without a bunch of stuff distracting us, it’s easier to get a clear vision of what we want and accomplish our dreams.
- You can read about slowing down right here.
- And snag my Mindful Life Evernote Kit here to help outline your own life vision right here.
The more we simplify, the more that our top priorities, like: family, travel and exploring are fulfilled. Minimizing, digitizing, organizing and prioritizing have truly been life changing steps for us.
Enter Simplify Days
Simplify Days was born out of requests, questions and inquiries from others about how to simplify. I originally started taking clients by word-of-mouth and things eventually evolved into what you see here.
The four essential steps that we followed (minimize, digitize, organize & prioritize) are engrained in every part of Simplify Days. The primary focus is on digitizing and creating a life digitally organized.
At Simplify Days you can:
- Read my free guides and tutorials
- Hire for help with my services
- Take online courses &
- Explore simplifying products
Please keep in touch by joining over 14,000 others in the SimpleGram. I can’t wait to hear your own simplifying storying!
Here’s to simplifying our days together,
Professional Organizer | Simplifier | Evernote Certified Consultant